The Ranger Service is here to help you get more out of your visit to Glen Tanar.
- Manage the ‘informal’ visitor facilities - paths, car parks, visitor centre, etc., including a small informal campsite for organised groups.
- Attend to the needs of visitors to the Glen - information on routes, what’s interesting, what might be risky weatherwise, etc;
- Work with a wide range of educational groups - pre-school toddlers, primary and secondary school pupils, students and professors;
- Provide input to the management of large scale events;
- Look after the place, by helping you to enjoy the fantastic natural and cultural heritage of Glen Tanar responsibly.
The Ranger Service is supported financially by the Cairngorms National Park Authority.
Our work delivers many of the key aims of the National Park.
To view the Cairngorms National Park Authority Park Plan Ranger Service page please click here
The following websites offer weather forecasts for the area:-